Many people buy indoor rowing machines because they give you such efficient and effective at providing a full-body workout in minimal time. That said, a recumbent bike rower can do even more!
With the rowing movement alone, you can work virtually all muscle groups while burning fat. Plus, you can build muscle and tone your body simultaneously. Having the recumbent bike option adds more versatility to your workouts without taking up extra floor space or costing double the price.
Introducing the Recumbent Bike Rower:
Now, you have a recumbent bike machine and an indoor rower without having to buy 2 different pieces of equipment. You don’t need a lot of space, and you can do all of your workouts at home if you want.
Furthermore, the equipment includes a top bar that can be used for upper body exercises, like tricep kickbacks, upright rows and bicep curls.
1. Stamina Conversion II Indoor Rower
At first glance, the Stamina Conversion II looks like a traditional rowing machine, except that the seat includes a support back for recumbent biking, and there are cycling pedals.
With just a few simple adjustments, you can switch from one exercise to the other without having to re-adjust the whole machine. This is a big advantage!
Rowing uses all major muscle groups, including the legs, arms, shoulders, back abdominals and glutes. Stationary cycling, on the other hand, focuses more on the lower body (ie hips, thighs and glutes).
If you want to get your blood flowing but don’t necessarily have the energy for a hard core workout, some people enjoy getting on a stationary bike with a good book or a newspaper in the morning or at the end of the day. Although you probably won’t make any muscle gains using this type of workout, it can be great for increasing circulation and boosting energy.
Key Features of the Stamina Recumbent Rower/Exercise Bike:
- Electronic monitor with large LCD display (easy-to-read).
- Monitor tracks calories, speed, distance, time and more
- Built-in hand pulse sensor measures heart beats per minute
- 8 levels of resistance so you can always challenge yourself
- Works with müüv, the free smart audio coaching app
- Seat and seatback are foam padded for extra comfort
- Pedals include foot straps for secure footing and better workouts
- Folds and has wheels for easy and compact storage
- Well-made with sturdy steel frame and weight capacity of 250 lbs
- Quiet Magnetic resistance (Great while watching Tv or movies!)
- Assembled dimensions: 75.5” L x 20″ W x 27″ H
- Get More Info on the Stamina Bike/Rower
2. Avari Conversion II Bike Rower
Avari Conversion II Rower/Recumbent Bike
The Avari is made by the same company (Stamina) as the model above. They have very similar dimensions, have the same 250 pound weight capacity and can fold in half for compact storage.
In addition, they both come with pulse rate sensors and easy-to-read LCD monitors for tracking your workouts. However, the Avari screen sits higher at eye level.
Note: Also, the Avari costs about $50 less than the Stamina Conversion II above. The trade-off is that the Stamina works with müüv, the smart audio coaching app that helps you move 500 minutes per month. (You can access müüv on the Apple App Store for free.)
3. ProForm Dual Trainer
The ProForm Dual Trainer Bike/Rower is very similar to the machines above for approximately the same price.
Although the ProForm is on sale at 45% off the retail price at the time of this writing.
There are a few differences worth noting, though, including:
- Equipment includes 24 pre-designed workout programs to choose from and 20 different resistance levels (compared to 8 levels of the Stamina machines)
- The Dual Trainer has a weight capacity of 350 lbs (compared to 250 above)
- Assembled dimensions: 79″ L x 20.5″ W x 38.3″ H
Both brands feature ergonomic padded seats, large LCD monitors, quiet resistance bands, secure foot straps, compact fold-away capabilities.