Do you want to row at home – but want to make your workouts more fun and interesting? The Ergatta Rowing Machine provides the ultimate water rowing experience with a large monitor, interactive sessions and “gamification”. Get $250 Off Here Now Until June 30!
What Makes the Ergatta Rower Different?
Rowing machines are gaining popularity because you can get a full-body workout very efficiently. In addition, rowers deliver low-impact exercise while still providing resistance training and cardio in one workout.
However, the repetitive back and forth motion can get a bit boring, especially if you plan on rowing everyday. That’s how “Smart Rowers” got started, similar to Peloton bikes.
You can connect and compete with other athletes, or you can watch as you row on the open water. Plus, the Ergatta’s intelligent software helps you calibrate the device, track your workouts and coaches you to success.
“It’s the closest thing to having a personal trainer and group fitness class delivered with your home rowing machine.”
The Ergatta can also pair up with your heart rate monitor, bluetooth headphones and connect with a Strava account. As you can see, you get a lot of perks and benefits with this smart rower.
Ergatta Water Rower Review:
The video below from Dark Horse Rowing explains what to expect with this machine when you first get it. It also gives you a glimpse of what the dashboard is like and what the workout tracker is like.
Ergatta VS Other Indoor Rowers:
The big advantage of this indoor rower comes down to the interactive monitor, “gamification” and workout programming. It simply makes exercising more fun. Plus, it can help you reach your goals faster.
That said, if you want to save some money and don’t need the upgraded monitor and membership program, you have a few other options.
First of all, you can buy a WaterRower without the tablet and programming. The machine has a slightly different look but essentially works the same way. Plus, you get the high quality you want, and you can save about $1,000.
Alternatively, you can get an inexpensive rower that doesn’t have the wood frame or advanced features. 3 options include the Xterra Fitness ERG650W, the Obsidian Surge or the Costway Water Rower.
Each of these models cost less, around $500-600. However, you don’t get the quality and durability of the WaterRower. That said, these cheaper machines can be a good way for beginners to get into the sport of rowing without paying the $2,000+ price tag.
Note: Smart Rowers do require a source of power to operate, so you’ll need an electrical outlet nearby. If you don’t like having to be “connected”, this is something to consider.
Easy to Fold Up Against a Wall:
Although the Ergatta is a fairly large workout machine, you can easily store it upright to save space. In this position, it requires less than a 2-foot by 2 foot footprint.
In addition, the front end includes small wheels. Therefore, you can lift the opposite lighter-weight end and roll the machine to the other side of the room or the other side of the house.
You don’t have to have a designated home gym in order to enjoy rowing at home. Unlike bulky treadmills or elliptical machines, this device is simple to move.
Plus, it looks cool too – you not even want to fold it up.
WaterRower Cleaning & Maintenance:
Due to its high quality, WaterRowers require minimal maintenance. Simply wipe down the frame after each use (10 seconds) and apply a light coat of Danish Oil (included) to the wood every few months.
In addition, you need to add a water purification tablet to the tank every 6-12 months. (Talk about easy cleaning!)
Specs for the Ergatta Rowing Machine:
- Dimensions: 86″ Long x 23″ Wide x 40″ Tall
- Weight: 76.5 lbs (105 lbs with water)
- Weight Capacity: 500 lbs
- Accommodates Users Up to 6’8″ Tall
- Material: Cherry Wood
- Resistance: Water
- Color: Black, Cherry Wood
- Screen Size: 17.3″
- WiFi & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Requires a Power Outlet
- Can Store Upright
- Upright Footprint: 23″ x 22.5″
- Has Wheels: Yes
- User Manual
- Rower Delivered & Assembled by a Pro
- Manufacturer: WaterRower
- Brand: Ergatta
- Customer Service: 718-866-4935
- Made in the USA
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Ergatta Rower
Note: Overall, I think that the Ergatta has a really cool setup. Most people get hooked on this way of working out once they try it. However, if you really don’t care about the advanced monitor or the membership subscription, you’re better off saving your money and getting a WaterRower.
Answers to FAQ About the Ergatta Water Rower:
1. What are 3 Main Benefits of Using the Ergatta Over Other Water Rowers?
- Personalized immersive workouts with a gaming interface. Plus, the Ergatta adapts to your fitness level and creates customized workouts that adjust as you improve.
- Interactive display that offers a variety of challenges and tracks your progress. Few rowing machines offer this ultra-engaging experience, let alone a water rower.
- Easy to set up and use. The monitor is really intuitive, so you can start rowing without a long learning process. Plus, you don’t need an external power source.
2. Can People with Different Fitness Levels and Abilities Use the Ergatta Rower?
Yes, the machine adapts to the user’s fitness level when they start and as they progress and improve. In addition, Ergatta has an easy-to-follow onboarding program for beginners.
Furthermore, you can choose your workout style, like high intensity or steady-state endurance. Consequently, you can structure your workouts how you like to exercise and according to your fitness goals.
3. How Does the Ergatta Monitor and Track Performance?
- Distance traveled in meters and miles
- Workout time
- Stroke rate per minute
- Power output in watts
- Heart rate level
4. What Types of Workouts Can You Do on the Ergatta Rowing Machine?
- Longer low-intensity endurance rows where you set a distance goal and row at a consistent pace.
- High intensity interval training and Tabata-style workouts.
- Games and challenges for a more engaging and personalized workout experience.
- Races among other Ergatta users which adds a competitive element to workouts.
- Custom workouts where you set you own distance, time or intensity goals.
5. Does the Ergatta Include Any Pre-Programmed Workouts?
Yes, see the answers listed to the above question.
6. Is the Ergatta Rowing Machine Easy to Set Up and Use?
Yes, as far as exercise equipment goes. In fact, you can be up and rowing in 30-60 minutes from unboxing.
For example, assembly only involves attaching the front and rear legs, connecting the seat and securing the monitor. Then, connect the monitor to your home Wi-Fi network and create an Ergatta account.
Next, calibrate the rower’s drag settings to match your fitness level. And lastly, customize your profile and set your fitness goals. That’s it!
7. How Durable is the Ergatta and What is the Warranty?
In my opinion, this rower is really well-made and designed to last a long time with very little maintenance. Clean/lubricate the track as needed and check the water tank level occasionally. The machine also comes with a 5-year warranty on the frame and a 1-year warranty on the monitor and all other parts.